The Importance of Having a Mobile Friendly Website
Nearly everyone these days carries a smartphone or owns a tablet. Mobile devices have become the choice of so many people today. Therefore, a business should want their website to be mobile friendly to attract more customers because these devices so prominent.
Did you know?
Back in 1997, there were about 1 million websites. Ten years later, there were 150 million. In 2007, there were approximately 1 million mobile websites. By 2017, that number is expected to reach 150 million. Obviously, accessing the internet began by using a PC, but now, with over 3 billion mobile phones being used around the world, we are quickly entering a period when a first time internet user will be using a mobile device. Clearly, mobile friendly websites are on the rise and will only continue on this upward trend requiring that the business world adapt. A business without a mobile friendly website is just asking to be forgotten.
Need for Speed
Most everyone nowadays carries a smartphone. And when the opportunity to gather information presents itself, those with smartphones will gather it this way. This advancement in technology has allowed businesses that have a mobile site to skyrocket. Companies that have not yet adapted their sites to be mobile are missing out on attracting new customers. If a customer pulls up a website that isn’t mobile friendly, he will most likely close out and find a similar company that is user friendly. It is vitally important that you cater to the millions of mobile users because if you capture a customer here, you will now have this customer on any platform you use.
Reasons to Have a Mobile Friendly Site
- Smartphones are very affordable and most everyone is looking to buy one. Not only can you make phone calls on it, but you can also browse the web.
- The mobile internet is growing in popularity. Some studies are showing that about 40% of those who own a mobile phone use it to go online with. And of that 40%, about half of them go online multiple times a day.
- It is fairly inexpensive to change your site to be mobile friendly.
- The GPS tool on a mobile phone is a very useful piece of technology for both customers and businesses. This tool can be used to find a nearby business. Without a mobile site, you may be missing out on customers in your area.
- Many customers like to browse the web when traveling. But, if your site isn’t mobile, the customer may just switch to a site that is mobile and user friendly.
- When your website is mobile friendly, it helps to improve the SEO as well as ranking on search engines such as Google.
- A mobile site is compatible with all platforms, unlike mobile apps as well as a cheaper alternative. When producing an app, a version needs to be made for each platform. This is expensive and tedious work.
- A mobile site is a better and more enriching experience for the customer.