Do You Have What It Takes?
As a small business owner, you have done it all—from writing your business plan to hiring employees, to controlling inventory, to marketing your business. However, do you have what it takes to market your business digitally? Take our digital marketing quiz to find out!
Take the Quiz
Jot down your answers to our digital marketing quiz. No peeking at the answers below!
- Do you know what SEO is? If so, is your website optimized?
- Do you understand how pay-per-click (PPC) advertising works?
- Do you know how to research and implement an effective Adword campaign (SEM)?
- Do you know how to improve your relevancy ranking for Facebook ads (this lowers your pay-per-click)?
- Do you know how set a digital ad campaign to target specific audiences?
- Do you know how to read analytics to ensure your dollars are being well spent or determine where to tweak a campaign?
- Do you know how to run an effective email campaign to increase leads or web traffic?
- Do you have a blog connected to your website and post a new blog at least two times a month?
- Do you know how to research relevant blog topics and incorporate longtail keywords to improve article search ranking?
- Do you have a dedicated team member who can manage your social media presence and post relevant material daily?
Yes, this is a quiz! These ten questions barely cover the basics to market your business digitally. We suspect you have a good idea at this point what your score is, but go ahead and check your answers to our digital marketing quiz.
Your Answer Key
Here’s the short course for our digital marketing quiz.
- We gave you a hint with “optimized.” SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. You want your business to pop up on the first page of a potential customer’s online search. How often have you continued scrolling beyond the first page of results? Likely nearly never. Solutio knows how to optimize searches to your advantage.
- PPC, or pay per click, seems straightforward. As the advertiser, you pay a small fee to a search engine (such as Google) every time an internet user clicks on your ad. However, do you know how to research and select the best keywords for a well-organized ad campaign? Do you know how to optimize your landing page for conversions? If you do, you could pay a lower rate for ad clicks.
- Do you know your SEO from your SEM? If not, SEM stands for Search Engine Marketing. There was a time when the two were nearly synonymous, but as digital advertising has evolved, SEM refers exclusively to paid advertising.
- Relevancy ranking is based on complex algorithms that sort through records to create a results list with the most useful records at the top. Most algorithms calculate such factors as the number of times a keyword is used in a record as well as the number of words in the record. Do you know how to use these factors to put your business on top? Do you know the magic numbers? Solutio does.
- Targeting an audience can quickly spiral from simple to complicated. You think you know your potential customers, but then Facebook asks you about core audiences, custom audiences, and lookalike audiences. All of a sudden you need to delve into demographics, location, interests, and more.
- Analytics provides you with the information you need to evaluate how effectively your ad campaign is performing. What’s your conversion rate? How many clicks lead to a sale? Unfortunately, you don’t have enough time to follow through on the analytics.
- Unless you can write captivating subject lines, compelling copy, and convincing calls-to-action, your email campaign might end up as so much clutter in your customer’s inbox. Do it well and you’ll earn a respectable ROI.
- You blog twice a month—that’s great! But only as long as your blog is related to your business! Do you have an overall strategy? Do you choose topics only as ideas pop into your head? Or do you plan out a series of topics that not only inform your customers but also generate sales or leads?
- To make the shift from personal to professional blog, research is essential. You need to monitor the blogs of your competitors. Your blog also needs to make use of longtail keywords to optimize your ranking. These longer, more specific phrases help lead customers more directly to you. They are essential to market your business digitally. It’s an art as well as a science.
- Depending upon the total number of employees you have, you might be hard-pressed to ensure that one of them has time to manage your digital presence on a consistent, daily basis. Their other job duties keep them plenty busy. However, customers expect your social media to be updated frequently. When it isn’t, they quit checking in.
How Did You Score?
Don’t worry. Only you will ever see your digital marketing quiz score.
- 5 or less. Dismal! You desperately need help!
- 6-7. Decent! However, you would certainly benefit from help.
- 8-9. Bravo! You’ve got this covered. You’re in good shape to market your business digitally.
- 10. Send us your resume! We could use someone like you at Solutio!
Digital Marketing Quiz 2.0
Now that you know what you do or don’t know, ask yourself these questions:
- Does understanding the language of digital marketing mean you know how to market your business digitally?
- Do you have the time to do it yourself?
- Is it a smart use of your time?
We Want to Be Your #10 (On the Digital Marketing Quiz)!
The point of our digital marketing quiz was not to make you worry about your ability to market your business digitally. The point was to reveal your strengths and weaknesses so you can improve your digital marketing strategy.
Whether your business is small or large, you need an effective digital presence. You need a dynamic website, freshly updated blogs, and effective digital marketing campaigns. It takes vigilance to stay on top of the trends. It takes dedication.
If your answer to #10 in our digital marketing quiz was “no,” then you need Solutio’s staff to serve as your dedicated team member. Here is some of what we can offer you:
- Website Design
- Social Media Marketing
Now that you’ve taken the digital marketing quiz, you should have a better idea of what we can do for you. Give us a call, come have a cup of coffee (or tea if you prefer), and we’ll put together a digital marketing strategy that will give you the competitive edge you need.
In the meantime, check out these links to help you bone up for the next digital marketing quiz. We want you to improve your score!
You’ll find thousands of other blogs giving advice and offering downloadable guides to digital marketing. So be prepared. Your eyes will glaze over from all the jargon you’ll have to wade through.
We recommend giving us that call instead. When you know that Solutio is the answer to #10 on the digital marketing quiz, you can fudge the answers on the rest!